A Bar Above and Top Shelf Bar Supply
Affiliate Agreement & Terms of Conditions
We consider new affiliates based on a lot of factors, including but not limited to:
- If we perceive you to be a good fit for our brand
- The ways that you plan to promote our courses and products
Each affiliate will be considered individually and the process may take some correspondence and time. Thanks for your patience! We may decline your request to become an affiliate for any reason.
If you’re approved, we will let you know if you’ve been approved as an affiliate for our Training Courses, for our Barware shop, or both. You’ll be provided with a unique referral ID that you can use to promote our courses and products.
An additional note for A Bar Above Training Courses: to register as an affiliate for any training course, you must have taken and passed the course yourself.
Please note that our Training Courses and Shop referral programs are completely separate from each other, due to technical limitations. This means:
- You may get a different referral ID for each site
- Referral links do not cross over between sites (for example, if you link to our store and the customer eventually clicks through and buys a training course, even if it’s within the cookie window it will not count as a referral.)
- Shop referrals must come from a “shop” referral link, and training course referrals must come from a “courses” referral link.
Commissions & Payouts
- Barware Shop: You’ll earn a 5% commission when a customer that you referred purchases something from the shop within 30 days.
- Training Courses: You’ll earn a 20% commission when a customer that you referred enrolls in one of our training courses
Affiliate commissions are paid out in USD via Paypal. They are paid on or before the 15th of the month for the prior calendar month. We will try to aggregate payouts between the Training Courses and Shop affiliate programs. The minimum payout balance is $50. There’s no maximum payout – the sky’s the limit!
Commissions are calculated based on the item subtotal (commissions are not paid on shipping or taxes.)
In order to receive a payout for your referrals, you must provide a valid Paypal email address.
We do not allow referrals to be generated on your own purchases. (This includes using a different email address.) We also do not offer recurring referrals.
Referral cookie lifetime
A referral won’t be awarded if:
- The customer uses a different browser to purchase than the one they originally used to visit our site (because the cookie does not exist in that browser)
- The customer purchases after 30 days (because the cookie will expire).
We reserve the right to reject affiliate commissions for any reason. Commission rejections may occur for the following reasons:
- The sale that the referral was based on was cancelled or refunded
- The referral was generated in a way that is in violation of our promotional policies (see below) or violated the spirit of the Affiliate Agreement.
License to use Images, Video and Text
We hope that you will love using our products and want to share them with the world via the web, social media, etc – and your photos and videos too. We love sharing your work! By becoming an affiliate you also grant us the license to use, feature, share, and highlight your images, videos, and comments across our social media platforms, in email newsletters, on our website and possibly even in paid advertising. Please know we will always give you credit for your work!
Affiliate news and updates
Affiliate application rejection
- Affiliate applications for websites that sell, advertise or engage in pornography, phishing scams, spamming, illegal business practices, or that include any material infringing on National or International Copyright will be rejected.
- Affiliate applications for websites that we do not believe are aligned with our company culture, industry or business may be rejected.
- Affiliate applicants with websites that re-sell any of our products will be rejected.
- Websites considered inappropriate by AffiliateWP will be rejected.
- Affiliates who apply to become an affiliate for A Bar Above training courses but who have not taken the course themselves will be rejected.
- Applications for websites or influencers who we believe promote over-indulgence of alcohol, binge drinking, driving under the influence of alcohol, or any other illegal activity whatsoever.
The following types of sites are not permitted to become an affiliate: adult sites, sites that display adult material or banners, sites that promote violence, hatred or bigotry, sites that promote or engage in illegal or unethical activity, including (but not limited to), binge drinking, overindulgence of alcohol, driving under the influence of alcohol, giving alcohol to minors, underage drinking. Affiliate applications for inappropriate websites will be rejected, and we reserve the right to choose whether or not to provide a rejection reason.
Dormant affiliate accounts
If any affiliate account fails to generate any visits over a 6 month period, it will be considered dormant and will be temporarily deactivated. But again – reach out to us, we can help keep your traffic moving and links active!
A Bar Above Affiliate Program Policies
Here are some ideas for great promotional methods to use:
- Tell customers, colleagues, guests and / or friends about us and give them your affiliate referral link
- Publish product reviews about our products or courses and include your referral link
- Be social! Tweet, Post and share your referral link on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Answer questions on Q&A websites or on social media and be helpful!
- Create and publish educational material like cocktail tutorials, recipes, barware trainings, etc. The more we can all share the techniques and skills of cocktail creation, the more people will start making great cocktails! Link directly to applicable products with your referral link.
Prohibited promotional methods:
We are a lot about our products and our customers and it’s SO important to us that all promotions align with our brand and culture. As such, the following promotional methods are prohibited.
- Referral links may not be used on Coupon sites or “deal aggregator” websites.
- You may not engage in paid advertising using your affiliate link(s)
- Spam. Period. (emails, links, ads, social spamming, etc. This is subject to our team’s discretion – if it looks like spam to us, it’s spam.)
- Anything illegal, unethical, or offensive.
- Pretending to “be” A Bar Above or an A Bar Above or Hillside Ventures, LLC employee. Affiliates are not employees of Hillside Ventures, LLC and have no employee rights thereof. Similarly, cloning, copying, or using copyrighted site assets without permission, and / or pretending to be A Bar Above. This includes services that clone websites and place them into iframes, etc.)
If you have an idea for a promotional method and you aren’t 100% sure it’s allowed, just email us! We’re here and happy to help.
Consequences of Prohibited Promotional Methods
If we find you have been using or used any of the prohibited promotional methods then we reserve the right to reject your referrals and disable your account. We may or may not notify you of / when this happens.
By accepting these terms and conditions you are providing your nonlegal agreement to abide by them. By registering and being approved as an affiliate in our affiliate program you agree that your commissions are subject to approval before they are accepted and subsequently paid.
The affiliate relationship does not represent a professional or formal agreement, and as an affiliate you are not an employee of Hillside Ventures, LLC. You agree that this is not a legally binding relationship and as a result may not take legal action against Hillside Ventures, LLC. These affiliate terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.